Pages

Sunday, August 23, 2009

GOD BLESS AMERICA

The Fourth of July weekend brought a fun trip to our favorite place (aka Grandma's). It was so nice to be back in a small town surrounded by slowness. I love N.C. for that, all you have to do is cross the border and the air gets thicker and the speed of everything slows down. I let out a deep sigh every time we pass the "Welcome to North Carolina" sign.

Dwane and I took a stroll into town and got an ice cream at the local gas station, we waited in line for an extra 10-15 minutes while the customer in front of us discussed grocery items for a fourth of July party she was having, with the cashier, who we soon found out was the woman's daughter. The menu items included sides and paper ware and her husband sounds like he is quite good on the barbecue. (I wasn't ease dropping or anything.... I was waiting for an invitation) No invitation and no hard feelings Dwane and I had other things to do.....

..... the slip and slide

.... Eating
Le Chef ... a la Carrot Cake... Madeline was very proud of her carrot decor.

And a Baseball Game


A Night at the MUDCATS
(It's best if you sing the next captions)
Take me out to the Ball Game.....
Take me out to the crowd....
Buy me some peanuts and Cracker Jacks....

Oh Wait...I got some popcorn in my teeth...

It's root, root, root for the home team....
If they don't win its a shame.... (and they didn't)
But we'll still sing hip, hip, hurray Grandpa caught a ball at the game.
(And Kate had it signed by the Mascot Muddy)
What a wonderful night... weekend, and well everything.

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad that you had such a great time at home. I've heard North Carolina is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel that same way everytime we head back "home" to NC. Its like I let out a big ahhhhhhhhhh...home.
    Sounds like you guys did all the fun favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! I miss the Young Family. :0) So glad you had a great weekend. Maybe someday we will move back! And then ALL of my friends would move away. Ok. never mind I will just stay here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a fun weekend. It is true everything moves slower in NC and everyone is okay with it :)

    ReplyDelete