Pages

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Is "Green Acres" the place for us?

Since we never want for a dull moment of life we overlapped fun when Aunt Kara was visiting, by taking care of a farm. Dwane woke Madeline and Robb up every morning at 5:00 AM to muck stalls and take care of 16 other animals. It really was a lot of fun. The kids had been bit by the farm bug...They would fight about who's turn it was to help Dwane or I with the animals, which needed care both day and night. Dwane came home from one of his turns at the farm and declared that "Green Acres" just might be the place for us. (His farm boy roots were coming back)

The Sullivan's live on a dreamy piece of property in a spacious old farm house with a wrap around porch. Even though only 20 minutes from the hustle and bustle of the D.C. suburban life style, it is a place where you feel like you are stepping into a whole other world.








5 comments:

  1. can i move in next door to turquoise acres?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! My kids would LOVE it, Dee however would not. Those farm boy roots didn't grow so well for him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like a blast! I don't know about the 5am part but the farm life part, definately. My kids have been bitten by the farm bug. Lots of rolling plains full of horses and cows and country music stars over here. They have some buddies with "property and farms" who 4-wheel, hike, camp, dig around,bonfires, chase animals and frolic but live in neighborhoods. So our kids these days BEG for a piece of property. Crazy kids!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am surprised, that being a city girl, I love living in the country as much as I do. I love everything but the SMELLS!

    Emily's hair is super easy and fast...
    -Pull the hair into a ponytail when it is wet
    -When I pull the hair through the rubberband the last time I don't pull it out all the way
    -Then I take the bobby pins and pin the bun type ponytail where I want it so It looks like curls.
    Great for a quick, nice, church (or first day of school) hair do.
    We call it a messy bun and the girls love it.

    Good luck on the first day at your house. It has been so quiet since mine all went back :)

    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  5. No surprise there... I think Dwane would love green acres!! Sounds like a fun experience for the family!!

    ReplyDelete