Pages

Thursday, November 13, 2008

A is for Apple.....

.... pie, fritters, turnovers, carmel covered, baked, muffins, cake, cobbler, sauce, rolls..... It is perfectly wonderful the savory things that can be made from this little round fruit. Because the Young's are apple junkies we go picking every year.  Our favorite place is on hill in the Mountains of Virginia called, Stribling Orchard.  We love the smell of the crisp air and view of what seems like the never ending apple orchard.  Not to mention the trees in full autumn color and the knowledge that when the picking is done, we get to enjoy apple delicacies from the orchard kitchen. 


View from the orchard

Kate takes a picking break to enjoy a yummy crisp apple... this is one of four or five she ate...
mmmmm....good!

Alexa finds the perfect apple...
Since Alexa is a little shorter than the big kids she gets the job of taking the apples out of the apple basket and filling the bags.
Madeline takes an apple break too...  the boys must be doing all the work!!!!
... i guess Madeline can multi-task..eat and help.
Robb at work...

Robb bonds with the orchard wildlife.  "Home to the Wooly Caterpillar"


4 comments:

  1. fun fun fun!! Dwane looks like an orchard local with all those apples and that plaid shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to do that. Where is this place? I'll have to look it up and go next year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Megan, Such a cute blog and family. Amy Webb gave me your blog, I hope you don't mind me looking. I would love to add you to my blog. (it's private) so I would need your email address to invite you. It's great to see your picture and your fun life. Hope all is well. Amy Irwin jakh_irwin@juno.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Robb is so wonderful. I look at the picture of him standing off to the side and it just makes me want to give him a hug. He is so very special. You are raising a great bunch of kids- and they have an awesome mom (and dad too). We love you all dearly.

    ReplyDelete