Pages

Saturday, April 25, 2009

One Step Forward, Two Steps Back.....

Happy Easter!

One Step Forward...
This year we spent Easter here at home.  We were sad to miss the annual egg hunt at Grandma Young's, but Madeline had signed up to sing in an Easter Choir and for some reason Dwane and I couldn't figure out ahead of time that an Easter Choir meant that they would perform on Easter.  (the age is starting to show)  
Hence, we had a really nice time.  The Easter bunny left a trial of jelly beans to some fun gifts, Madeline sang beautifully at church and then after, Dwane hid eggs and the kids had a blast finding them.  I'm not so good at cooking large hunks of meat, so I was delighted when the kids requested Lasagna and Carrot Cake(because thats what the easter bunny would like, not the Lasagna of course)  for our Easter feast.  
Sticking around also meant that our friends who were headed back south were able to stop by, play and hang out.  It is always fun to see friends.   We hope everyone had a wonderful Easter too.


One Step Back...
READ THIS, The results have been so fun!!! (The sisters in the ward and those who have moved out have done this and it is so much fun, the gifts have ranged from, magnets, painted flower pots, lap quilts, very unique dyed eggs.... and more.)

Here is what you do...the first 3 people to leave a comment on this post will receive, at some point during the year, a handmade gift from me. What it will be and when it will arrive is a total surprise! The catch is that you must participate as well. Before you leave your comment, type up a pay it forward post on your blog to keep the fun going. Then come back and let me know you are going to play and sit back and anticipate the arrival of your gift! Please leave your e-mail address in your post to me. Thanks and be quick!

Two Steps Back...
I am finally answering a tag from Bridgette, and for everyone, this is my first so go easy on me....

5 things in your purse......
1.  two pairs of toddler socks (hello kitty, pink and blue)
2.  Pink tic - tacs
3.  baggage claim stickers
4.  candy wrappers
5.  bobby pins

And the regular stuff too...these are just the first things that surprised me.

5 things in your workroom...(I have several work stations, but my stuff, stuff is in the basement closet)
1.  Scrapbooking assessories
2.  Girl Scout tub
3.  Wall art that is not hung up
4.  Robb's independent study project
5.  The Family Home Evening Idea bin

5 things you always wanted to do...
1.  Hand glide
2.  Go to Italy
3.  Paint a masterpiece
4.  Sing along with a group that plays "Big Band" music
5.  Be a grandma 

5 things I am into...
1.  Being a Mom
2.  Eating
3.  Dreaming about making stuff
4.  This is hard........
5.  Just being and doing whatever life throws my way....

5 people I want to tag...
1. Lara 
2. Mandy
3. Leslie
4. Stacey
5. Brooke

There I am done!!
  

4 comments:

  1. This did not come up on Google reader until today 5-3. I would love to participate in your pay it forward. You know my email address

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the update! Those kiddos are getting so big!

    Your list - Italy has always been my #1. I can't get Cameron excited, wanna go, just us? I can totally see you singing with a band. And a grandma? Already? That's means you have to be middle aged. I still can't wrap my brain around the age we are now.

    It's taken me forever to write this comment, so hopefully I can still be in the top three of your p.i.f. I always love the Megan gifts. The other day, I got out an old box of stuff and pulled out a picture of us and me wearing my old cut off sweats that you had screen printed rastafarian faces on the back. WOW! I just shook my head realizing why my parents always shook their heads at the some of the stuff I wore.

    Ok, long comment. I guess I should have just emailed you. Let's talk soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. um, I'm #3 but I already did this! can I still play!

    I loved reading about you! I think I have all those things in my purse too!

    It was fun to see you at Target last night! Sorry, I've been lame about commenting here. I always read and think I'll go back and comment. Well, here I am. :)

    love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I'm number 4!!! LOL! It was great to see your comment. It really has been way to long. I love reading your blog. Looks like all is well. Don't be a stranger! And I won't either. Miss you.

    ReplyDelete