When we awoke at 6:45 on Saturday we knew we were in for the long haul. Dwane was taking Robb to help clean the church, then flag football at 8:30, (Dwane's the coach). Practice and game run until about 11:30. While they were off I was up getting ready for a stake relief society meeting, pulling together my creative thoughts to keep the three girls occupied for a couple of hours. We were on the move with hair, food, you know, arriving at carpool by 8:30. Time quickly passed and at 1:00 the troops were back together, we ate some lunch in shifts and having a headache I laid down for about 30 minutes, until I needed to get ready for a skin care class, Madeline I were attending. We arrived only 10 minutes late and had a wonderful time. Dwane was home, having the kids help him clean and wash the cars. When Madeline I arrived they had just started on the van, which if you drive any type of family vehicle you know, it gets totally gross. So we scrubbed and vacuumed.... then Dwane makes us vow never to eat in the car again, I laugh, (Whatever) and by the time we're finished, Dwane and I are the only ones in the car finishing, the kids are chasing each other around on the lawn in their bathing suits, squirting each other with the hose. The music is blarring from the car radio, and life really couldn't be better. At 6:00.... while Dwane watched the kids outside I ran in to make something out of our meager grocery selection, (Condiments and donuts left over from the building clean up), you can have donuts for dinner right?
7:00....everyone ate, then baths, dishes, finish laundry, and bedtime. 9:00 Dwane starts a batch of cookies and goes for a run. I fold some laundry and try to pull the house together for Sunday.
9:30 the cookies are done and I ask Dwane what he's up to next, I was ready to hit the hay, and he said, "I am going outside, it is such a beautiful night". Then he said, "Do you want to join me?"
He spread out the blanket from the back of the van and turned the radio quiet, we sat on our tiny front lawn, I dunked cookies in milk and we chatted, about everything. I looked at him and he at me and for a minute, time really stood still. It was a perfect little moment of simple romance.
very sweet.
ReplyDeleteMy life is better for knowing you.
Judd always tells us we are never eating in the car again after he finishes cleaning the family car :)
ReplyDeleteThat is my favorite time of night when the kids are in bed, the mosquitos are calm, and we are able to watch the stars. Small and simple things
That's cute! I love it.
ReplyDeleteHow come you got the romantic brother? Could he teach Dee a few tricks, including the washing cars thing???
ReplyDeleteI love it!! That is great.
ReplyDeleteYou two are adorable! Your life sounds like a bunch of busy little bees.
ReplyDeleteAnd who would EVER turn down fresh baked cookies & milk without kiddos around? :)
This post was awesome. It's nice to step back and remember what started all those hectic days in the first place....a simple romance.
ReplyDeleteToo cute.
**VERY excited for cookies...you guys should come up and we could BBQ or something. If this rain ever leaves us that is. Think about it.