Yellowstone - the Readers Digest version!
There she blows! (Old Faithful)
The stinky, but very cool bubbly paint pots!
Campin' kids!
Mud Pies anyone?
Day 7, 8 and 9
So after a refreshing night of uno and snuggling with a bunch of wiggly excited kids in the tent, we woke refreshed and ready to tour Yellowstone. We lucked out to see a Buffalo and her calf, Elk with babies and a lot of birds. We decided that Moose do not exist and that the mosquito is Wyoming's state bird. The kids favorite parts of yellowstone were the geysers and bubbling paint pots, not to mention they really loved wading in the rivers trying to catch fish. Our second day in Yellowstone we went fishing. What fun! I think we untangled more lines than fished, but it was sure fun. Kate sat on the bank and had the best time making mud pies.
We were all amazed at the height of the Old Faithful Lodge and climbed the stairs as high as possible. We loved the ranger station were we took a couple classes and qualified for a Junior Ranger badge. I could go on and on. This park is just to amazing for words.
Buffalo or Bison? Kate says, Bubble-o!
Yellowstone - Junior Rangers
What fun! I want to go to Yellowstone now!
ReplyDeleteMy great, great, great grandfather was the second superintendant of Yellowstone (the first paid one). There's even a geyser named for him- Norris Geyser. Philetus W. Norris was a great man. Mom wants me to write a book about him... one day I think I will. Here's a link for more info:
ReplyDeletehttp://www.windowsintowonderland.org/history/army&nps/page4.htm